PLEASE CAREFULLY READ PRIOR TO PURCHASE:
- Photos of each child need to be ready to submit for approval within 2 weeks of purchase. If photos are not received within 2 weeks, you'll be refunded less $150 per single subject portrait (or $150 per subject on multi-subject portraits)and the order is cancelled. Large quanitity orders, such as these, dramatically affect the ability to schedule and quote accurate lead times and need to be fufilled at the time of purchase. No extensions/waiting for future photos to be taken at a later date. Please do not purchase unless photos are ready to be submitted for review.
Q: Do the children all need to be the same age?
A: Absolutely not! I recommend, using the best photo of each child. If its an image that you feel best captures that child, you'll love the portrait
- As with all items offered on this site, returns are not accepted and refunds are not granted due to the custom nature of these products.
(Please make sure all photos submitted meet these requirements. Photos that do not will not be approved and will delay a lead time being quoted.)
PHOTO SUBMITTAL INFO:
- High res--Digital images only! They need to be a minimum of 3 megapixels. No screenshots or screen grabs. Must have the actual image file.
- If you have an older photo or a physical photo: SCAN the image and submit and we can see if it will work. Some do and some do not. There simply are no guaruntees.
- As with all portraits, THE BEST PHOTOS TO WORK FROM are photos when the child has a relaxed, natural expression. Teeth do not translate well in painted portraits (they make darling photographs, but painted portraits are very different)
- (I work from 1 photo specifically, however multiple are welcome and helpful)
- *non-smiling/natural expressions*, this is HIGHLY recommended. We want the face relaxed where the muscles aren't doing anything that changes the true shape of the face. Teeth do not translate well in painted portrait work. AND most importantly, we want the EYES OPEN AND BRIGHT.
- Shot from the angle you want the portrait painted
- Photo taken ideally withing 4 ft. of subject if its a "neck up portrait", full body portraits can be taken from a further distance.
- Lighting that shows all the features of the face evenly with out harsh shadows.(take the child to sit by a window with bright, evenly distributed, natural light)
- Can be shot from your phone!! quick and easy! Just make sure your phone is in focus by tapping the screen so the square shows it's focusing on your child, then you're ready to snap! Take a minimum of 8-10.
- I can paint them in any outfit as long as a photo of the outfit is provided.
- SUBMIT PHOTOS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org PLEASE PUT YOUR INVOICE NUMBER IN THE SUBJECT LINE
- Lead time MINIMUM 4-5 MONTHS from approved photo date (*quoted after photos have been approved.)
PRICING for 3 Subject Portraits:
*Tax and shipping not included.
*Pricing is for 3 subjects per painting.
**Pricing is subject to change.